Print the page
Increase font size
The Worst Scandal in Crypto History

The Worst Scandal in Crypto History

James Altucher

Posted November 13, 2023

James Altucher

As I write this the worst scandal in crypto history is on trial… FTX.

But guess what? We are at one-year highs on Bitcoin.

Crypto is moving forward. Every new financial technology in history since the South Sea Bubble has had scandals in the beginning while the laws shake themselves out.

Here are some catalysts that will lead to at least a trillion dollars of new money being invested in crypto:

A). Every court ruling has said that the SEC will/should/needs to allow Bitcoin ETFs (and then other crypto ETFs) to exist. This alone is enough to send Bitcoin to $50,000-$100,000.

There are hundreds of billions of dollars sitting on the sidelines while huge institutions would prefer to FINALLY buy Bitcoin on the New York Stock Exchange instead of on something called SushiSwap.

B). The Ethereum product roadmap, starting with proto-sharding and sharding. The details don’t matter but these upgrades will make Ethereum a thousand times more scalable and allow any crypto project to have as many transactions as something like Visa and lower transaction fees.

This will make ETH accessible to everyone and not just the few who want to play around in the tech sandbox.

C). Every country in the world is looking into how to create stablecoins and CBDCs. Regardless of what you believe politically, this will force countries to make MAJOR financial infrastructure changes that will force them to use many of the picks-and-shovels cryptos we’ve been talking about in these pages. (In case you missed any of our previous issues, you can view our full portfolio at any time right here, including when we recommended each pick, how to invest, etc.)

D). Tom Emmer is the Majority Whip of the House, and he is enormously pro-crypto.

There’s more. A lot more.

Particularly once you combine AI, crypto, and data analysis.

Where Crypto Meets AI

There are a ton of examples to choose from.

Here are a few I can think of:

E.) AI-powered market tools: With advanced algorithms capable of processing vast amounts of data, AI tools can predict market trends, identify investment opportunities, and even execute trades autonomously. This could attract institutional investors who seek data-driven, efficient, and precise market strategies. The use of AI in analyzing and predicting crypto market movements can also lead to greater stability in the markets.

F.) Enhanced security measures: Security is crucial in crypto, and AI can play a crucial role in enhancing it.

AI algorithms can be employed to detect and prevent fraudulent activities by analyzing patterns and identifying anomalies in blockchain transactions. This increased security can bolster investor confidence and pave the way for more widespread adoption of cryptocurrencies.

G.)Data analysis for improved regulatory compliance: As regulatory frameworks around cryptocurrencies evolve, AI and data analysis can assist in compliance. Automated systems can monitor transactions for irregularities that may indicate non-compliance with regulatory standards, helping institutions avoid legal pitfalls. This aspect is particularly crucial as the regulatory landscape becomes more complex and integral to the crypto world.

H.)Development of AI-driven smart contracts: Smart contracts are self-executing contracts with the terms directly written into code. By integrating AI with smart contracts, these digital agreements can become more dynamic and responsive to real-world data and conditions. This integration can lead to the creation of more sophisticated products and services in the crypto space, attracting a new wave of investors interested in innovative financial technologies.

Crypto and AI are a natural fit. And at their nexus are some huge opportunities.

Our team is constantly on the lookout for opportunities in the crossover of breakthrough technologies.

As usual, we’ll keep you up to date when we uncover them.

Peter Thiel’s “Crazy” Crypto Bet

Posted May 17, 2024

By Chris Campbell

No, don’t bet the farm on Ethereum. But do consider the asymmetric bet.

Printing Tumors for Profit

Posted May 16, 2024

By Chris Campbell

I was feeling fine until he pulled out the tumor.

Fred Gets Lucky (Gamestop)

Posted May 15, 2024

By Chris Campbell

Fred got lucky. And then he let it slip through his fingers. Create your own luck.

Crypto, a Greenhorn’s Guide

Posted May 14, 2024

By Chris Campbell

99% of crypto “news” is worse than useless. The other 1% will make you money.

Bitcoin Halving: Was it All Just Hype?

Posted May 13, 2024

By Chris Campbell

Here’s how high Bitcoin could go. And why you shouldn’t buy it.

AI Goes Sci-Fi

Posted May 10, 2024

By Chris Campbell

Personalized medicine? Self-healing materials? Space terraforming? This new system makes it possible.